Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two Hundred Items Later.




Customer-Without-a-Menu: [On the phone in take away]. Hi, can you tell me what chicken dishes you have on your menu.

There are over 200 items on our menu.
About 50 of them are chicken dishes.

Me: There are a lot of dishes. Did you want something in particular?
Customer-Without-a-Menu: Oh no. I just want to know what there is.

I take a deep breath and read out the chicken section.
Half way through this painful reading I already know that they have given up listening.

Customer-Without-a-Menu: Oh. I'll just come down and have a look then.

Sigh...

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

There is no end to ways the public tortures restaurant help. Sigh...

♥ Caz said...

Mary...

I think that they must come up with new ways every so often just to keep servers on their toes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails