Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tales of an Eccentric Boss #2



That Nagging Voice

I've been doing my job for a good five years now. I know the ins and outs of the business, the nature of the business and what I need to do in order for things to be good. I'm great at my job, I know it. But some times the Boss likes to remind me that I can't do all the right things, even if I have been doing it for the past five years.

Boss bring up certain points about the business once in a while. Things like wipe windows, fold napkins, clean soy sauce contains and all the little things that you try and do on the down time.

He likes to mention it once...

Then twice...

Then of course a third time, just on case you missed it.

And if you missed it the first three times, a fourth just for good measure.

I have realised that its almost like a grieving pattern when you first encounter my Boss in this manner. First you feel like you're constantly not doing the job right. Not true (on most parts, I hope) he just likes to gently remind you of certain things. Then you get pretty angry and frustrated because its not like you haven't done this before. Then finally you just learn to ignore, because you've been doing it a long time. And you are damn good at it.

I'm not sure why Boss feels the need to be the way that he is. Maybe that's the nature that he is or maybe he feels like this way he is in control. I'll go with the 'in control' option.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails